Friday 29 March 2013

Life's a Beach - done!

It's been a busy week.  The fire service that I work for, along with the 7 others in Scotland are joining together to become the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service on 1 April 2013.  This is a huge undertaking that will take a few years to settle in, but this week it entailed much hand shaking and hugs goodbye to those who decided to jump ship (whilst the going is good?), planning meetings (where not a lot got done), panic over the lack of properly headed letter paper (okay that was just me)and also a large cake and wine. Much wine. I have had a hangover today.

BUT, hurrah, it's a public holiday!  So I took the dog for a walk to settle the head, made a quick visit to my friendly local scrapbook supply shop (The Mad Scrapper in Longniddry) for supplies, some  I needed and some I didn't (isn't that the way it always goes in a craft shop?), and then settled down to finish the book I started last week.

This is made with Fab Scraps papers, Dusty Attic die cuts that have been inked and embossed, various Tim Holtz elements, and some shells from the beach.  There are other bits and pieces but as I have a habit of chucking away the packaging I'm not sure what make they are (sorry).

The  white fish net I bought online from Calico Crafts and I distressed it with distress inks then dabbed it with Mod Podge mat sealer to stiffen it. This makes it much easier to work with.

Tada! Some of the pages - there are more but my phone refuses to upload!











No comments:

Post a Comment