Saturday 12 December 2015

Last one. Maybe

Okay, so my mantelpiece is just about full now, so I think this will have to be the last of the dwelling for now.  I should have been doing some Christmas shopping today, but got sidetracked into doing this little building.


Every village should have a fire station, just in case the Christmas turkey roasting gets out of hand. This one has a very old appliance that needs replacing but the brigade have been spending money on more managers and giving themselves higher salaries, whilst at the same time reducing the number of actual firefighters so they didn't have budget to replace it with a new engine.  Maybe next year.  

Every station has a tower. Mine is modelled on the one I see out of my office window, every working day as I work for the Fire Service. The first time the firefighters dropped their realistic training dummy over the parapet I nearly died of shock. Used to it now, but still a little unsettling when you catch it falling from the corner of your eye.



That silvery thing in the left corner (from prima marketing) is the extractor that takes exhaust fumes from the engine bay to the outside world.  You probably knew that already.

6 comments:

  1. I love making little houses too. Yours are great, very creative village. I also like how you modified and expanded the use of the Tim Holtz Village dwelling die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy, I'm totally hooked on these little houses, and the Tim holt die is so adaptable.
      I've just had a look at your houses on your blog and they are at a totally different level. Amazing. I do like the idea of making little fenced gardens (yards, I think you would call them) so might pinch that!

      Delete
    2. Tim Holtz. Stupid autocorrect. Think it would have learned by now.

      Delete
  2. Yes, autocorrect ought to know Tim Holtz if you are someone who works with paper, but I don't think my computer has learned it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just bought some of the Tim Holtz village dies today, and was looking at ideas on Pinterest. Your buildings are wonderful! I had to comment on this one as it made me smile so much! (I just became an on-call Fire Fighter this year. I also met Tim Holtz this year too! Oh, I was born in Scotland too.) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I'm still obsessed with these buildings. How lucky for you to have met Tim Holtz, and to have been born in Scotland! ;-)
      Good luck with the house building, and also with the Firefighting,. Stay safe.

      Delete