Sunday 2 August 2015

Tim's August Tag

Oo, I liked doing this one.  Lots of lovely layers, and that's something that I ok usually struggle with.  And because of all the lovely layers it actually SITS FLAT as opposed to my usual efforts that end up a bit crumpled.  I used a black tag on the reverse as I've got quite a few of these that I never use.

I used pretty much all the same items and techniques that Tim used, except that my main figure was cut from his collage paper stash (8x8).  He looks so miserable that, along with the bronze spackled distress paint, it inspired the phrase I used (spread a little sparkle wherever you go).  My cut out words are from the Friends collection as I didn't have the dies used by Tim, but worked just as well.  The vial label at the top the tag I replaced with a 7 Gypsies label, which I aged a little by smudging with distress ink.

So here's the finished tag





3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely take on the August tag. Do you fancy adding a Follower gadget? I'd sign up... (You can still get the Blogger Follower one with the little photos - you just have to go to page two of the offered gadgets when you try to add it!)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete