Saturday 18 July 2015

2 books

I I've been busy working on a commission, a book for a colleague's mum's 65th birthday, and was asked to make this because of another commissioned book for another colleague who's brother was leaving the army.  Must be doing alright, word is getting round,

This is the first commiision, an army themed book, which TBH I wasn't that enthused by.  Army paper is not the most inspiring, and I could decorate it as it had to stay masculine.  Client was happy though.

Cover



Spine with copper saucepans from eBay  (he was an army cook)

I stupidly forgot to take pictures of the finished inside pages, but only got some loose ones before fixing in the 'hidden hing' binding



And here the birthday book, agin forgot to photo the finishes pages. duh.


,,




I was lucky to find these papers in TXMaxx, for £7.99 for a book of 48 12x12 pages. what a bargain.  The colours are lovely and some pages are glittered.
I can't take credit for the design of this as I followed a YouTube tutorial which is here.  It's long but worth it. 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment