Saturday, 30 August 2014

Something Fishy's Going On

I found these little fishes in a charity shop.  They were a horrible orange and and yellow colour, but I liked their shapes.

I painted them using an Ranger adirondack paint dabber in a colour called 'Stream', though I don't know why it has that name as it isn't remotely stream coloured. :-/

I then painted the lower half of each fish with Salty Ocean distress paint dauber.  I forgot to take a picture of that stage though, so just take my word for that. It's so easy to get totally absorbed in the work and it's easy to forget to record the different stages!

I've had some little Cosmic Shimmer iridescent watercolour paint pots for ages, but hadn't found a project to use them on. They were perfect for painting fishscales and the tails anf fins.  Here's the finished fish.

I'll have to change the position of the hanging hook on the lower fish.  I decided to paint him facing in the other direction to his twin.

I was really pleased with the look of the scales.  

No comments:

Post a Comment