Thursday 2 May 2013

May Tag Purple Haze

Gosh, where did April go..!?

I've been busy making a wedding cake for my sister in law who is getting married next week, so I've not been doing as much craft work. I've never done a wedding cake before, but she asked me to do it because she likes the Christmas cakes I make. But those are just single cakes, and now I'm making a 3 tier effort, with butterflies. A bit scary, but I find fear does concentrate the mind so I hope to do a decent job.

Here is the finished article.  It went down well, thank heavens.
I've also made some more Domino 'books', but more of those later because today is Tim Holtz Tag Day!

This months' tag incorporates rubons. Or is it rub-ons? Hmm. Whatever, I don't get on with these usually, I end up with broken transfers and random bits stuck where they shouldn't be stuck. But hey ho, I'll give it a go.

I did't have all the rubon images that Tim used but I did have some that I got for 70 pence in Txmaxx. Can't resist a bargain. But that was ages and ages ago and I couldn't think what to do with them. They have images of Edwardian men and vintage games which made me rethink the colour scheme that Tim uses. I love the bright colours he used but they weren't suitable for vintage images. I used a mix of chipped sapphire, seedless preserve and iced spruce which ended up a sort of purple haze. I love the contrast with the white of the rubon and the white enamel tag which i made from a numbered plaquettes, covered the number up with snowcap alcohol ink and then added rubon words. The background stamps are a mix of Paper Artsy and Tim's.


2 comments:

  1. I really like your male theme on your beautiful May tag!

    ReplyDelete